We can review your investment ideas with you and your investment advisor and make recommendations to maximize your after-tax return.
Don't ignore the impact of taxes on your investments. While taxes should not drive your investment strategy, understanding how taxes affect your earnings will help you minimize taxes and maximize your return. Consider these items:
- Long-term capital gains and dividends carry a favored tax status. Consider putting more dollars in investments that give you dividend income and long-term capital gains.
- You can deduct a limited amount of capital losses in excess of capital gains. Consider balancing your winners and losers to maximize this deduction each year.
- Investments which produce high taxable annual income can be given to family members who are in lower tax brackets, thereby saving taxes for the overall family group.
- Depending on your tax bracket, you may benefit from investing in municipal bonds.
- Another area where taxes make a difference is in deciding which investments to keep in your tax-deferred accounts, such as a regular IRA or 401(k) plan, and which to keep in taxable accounts.
Check out these links.
We do not endorse any products, services, or businesses you may find by following these links. Do not enter into any transaction until you and your advisors are satisfied that you are getting what you are paying for
Each link will open a new browser window.
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission- investor assistance, fraud cases, SEC filings and small business information
- USA Today - Top Money News
- Federal Reserve Bank of New York - interest rates on treasury bills and much more!
- Stock Quotes - Reuter's
- The American Stock Exchange
- NASDAQ Exchange - stock quotes
- New York Stock Exchange
- Securities and Exchange Commission (S.E.C.) - Edgar Database
- American Association of Individual Investors (AAII)
- Daily Stocks - get quotes, charts, and SEC filings
- The Financial Center - bookstore for investors, chat rooms, news desk
- InfoBeat - have e-mail notices sent to you about your stocks
- Stockfind - financial news by industry and an IPO corner
Contact Bob Dudley, Former IRS Agent for REAL professional tax help:
- Dudley and Dudley, LLC
- 27405 Puerta Real, Suite 235
- Mission Viejo, Orange County, CA 92691
- Phone (949) 348-1111
- Fax (949) 348-1151
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org